So in honor of the fact that it is New Year’s Eve; instead of reflecting back at just the week that was (I was certainly lazy and spent my week off resting. I did get one great workout in though), I thought I would take the time to instead look back at the year that was and come up with 10 things that I have learned from it.
1. Hashimoto’s is not just some bad anime series and it can wreck havoc on your weight.
2. It is always better to step on the dog. Trying to avoid the dog will end up just causing you larger and more expensive problems.
3. Taking medication is like learning to walk a tight rope. You have to find just the right balance or else you will fall off.
4. If you go to your doctor’s office enough you make friends with the staff there. This, as it turns out, is a good thing.
5. A lesson that apparently needs constant re-teaching: No matter how you think you have your life planed out, God always has a way to come in and remind you that you don’t have a clue about what is going on.
6. Drinking water with meals and eating raw fruits and veggies is not a good thing.
7. It is important to remember to eat veggies at every meal including breakfast.
8. Forgetting meals leads to bad things.
9. Eating the right foods in the right portions goes a long way to getting you healthy.
10. If you stay away from sugar long enough it starts to lose its appeal.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a weekly update unless I posted up the results, although I very nearly almost didn’t post them. I’ve been lazy this week. I have forgotten work outs and meals. And for all of my oaths and swearing that this was going to be a good week. I didn’t do a great job. I munched throughout the week and forgot more than one meal. Add in the lack of activity and well, I am surprised that the damage isn’t worse. I didn’t want to post today but I am kicking my butt, because if I allow myself to slip then I might as well give up. I haven’t gone through the B.S. to get where I am just to give up now. I WILL keep going. And things will improve. So as much as I don’t want to, it’s time to face the music:
- This Week: 1.1 pounds Gained
- Total Weight Loss: 26.7 pounds down
So there you have it folks! It’s like I said, it hasn’t been the best weeks weight wise, but that is okay because I expected as much. And honestly, these past two weeks have done less damage than I anticipated, so in the end, I count that a victory! So here is to the New Year and all the new things that are to come with it! And I leave you with one last lesson that I have learned this year,
If life hands you lemons, laugh. You will enjoy the lemonade a lot better if you do!
Happy New Year everybody!
- Weekly Update: I totally Rocked this week! (thegracefulskinny.com)
- Weekly Update: Ugh! (thegracefulskinny.com)
- Weekly Update: Well How’s About That? (thegracefulskinny.com)
- Weekly Update: Merry Christmas!! (thegracefulskinny.com)
- Weekly Update: Getting ready for Christmas! (thegracefulskinny.com)